The Random Gaming Freepost Thread

1,639 posts 17 voices started by brooklyn

Viewing 15 posts - 1,546 through 1,560 (of 1,639 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #51020
    Szuter
    Hall of Fame

      So Scat you really thing Dead Island is worth buying? Really considering getting.

      War.
      War never changes.



      #51023
      Scatigno
      Hall of Fame

        Ah, it’s a tough question. I mean like I said to Brook on the Podcast. It’s obvious from playing just the first hour of the game that it wasn’t destined to Review well. Graphics look ok but there are a lot of technical bugs. Quests not completing when they are supposed to and the graphical stuff like the frame rate and texture pop in. However, it still remains a very fun game. I mean if you love killing thousands of zombies in consistently new and creative ways, whilst running around a huge open world and levelling up and unlocking a skill tree then I say go ahead and get it or at least rent it. The tech bugs are not an issue for me coz thats like saying Oblivion and Fallout 3 are not fun games coz they are buggy.

        Honestly though, I wasn’t persuaded by the reviews from the major gaming sites. It was watching the gameplay and listening to actual regular peoples impressions of the game on Youtube etc that actually swayed me, because everyone seemed to be enjoying it.

        Also the drop in/drop out co-op is an absolute bonus. So basically any time in the game you may get a notification saying another player is in your area, would you like to join their game (as far as I know you have to be near enough the same level and have the same amount of the campaign complete) and with a quick push of the D-Pad you join their game and go on the quests together. Very seamless. So running around this game with a few friends is going to be great.

        Twitter.com/scatigno1
        Youtube.com/scatigno9



        #51026
        Szuter
        Hall of Fame

          I didnt go on a big search but the stores I did go to were sold out of Dead Island. So I ordered it of Gamestop website since Amazon my prefer choice has been out of stock for a few days now.

          War.
          War never changes.



          #51027
          Scatigno
          Hall of Fame

            Ye the game is selling well I believe. It’s number one in the UK charts.

            Twitter.com/scatigno1
            Youtube.com/scatigno9



            #51042
            Scatigno
            Hall of Fame

              I hope this game is going to be fantastic. Love the character of Max Payne. Pretty gay they are releasing the first Max Payne with “HD” visuals on Mobile devices. Hopefully both games will get the HD treatment and be released on the PS3 and 360.

              Twitter.com/scatigno1
              Youtube.com/scatigno9



              #51044
              brooklyn
              Admin
              Legend

                dude that video has NO gameplay footage and this is rockstar so…

                you will get hyped and ride the hype train.

                you will buy the game.

                you will be disapointed.

                #51047
                Chauncy Talon
                Hall of Fame
                  brooklyniteOne wrote:
                  dude that video has NO gameplay footage and this is rockstar so…

                  5eesf5.jpg

                  You are one funny person Brook. I’m geeked for it. I just picked up the whole PS Move set for $50. Everything is half off until October.

                  I do not want Trophies, Money or not even a title saying I am number "1". You can have your cheap trophies, paper titles, and dingy headbands. I am a "STORY" to my peers, a "LEGEND" for your kids to hear, and a "FOLKLORE" to keep you from dieing with fear - [b]Calvin D. Kates aka Chauncy "TRU" Talon. [/b]
                  #51048
                  brooklyn
                  Admin
                  Legend

                    that shit looked like IN ENGINE cinematics and cut scenes but cmon son. Did any of that look like gameplay? no hud. nothing. Im not convinced.

                    #51049
                    Scatigno
                    Hall of Fame

                      But Rockstar know how to make good games. Let’s not count LA Noire coz that was a Team Bondi game, but GTA IV ( overated yes but still a good game), Red Dead Redemption which was my GOTY.

                      Plus they have stated that they are sticking to it’s roots and not making the game open world. Bullet time is back as well as the original voice actor for Max.

                      Sorry man it’s just hard not to get excited for a new Max Payne, if it’s a letdown then ok, but that’s like saying no point getting hyped for Uncharted 3 when it was annouced because it was only in-game cinematics and a very low key trailer to boot.

                      Twitter.com/scatigno1
                      Youtube.com/scatigno9



                      #51050
                      brooklyn
                      Admin
                      Legend

                        lol @ comparing this to Uncharted. Well alrighty then. :lol:

                        For the record read dead was a good game but the “game” parts of it we all agreed were sub fucking par. Lets not forget that. Bumping into doors, mashing buttons to run and relying on the dead eye because the shooting and cover was janky.

                        #51073
                        Scatigno
                        Hall of Fame

                          Here is the teaser of Resident Evil 6 shown at TGS. It was recorded from a Cam but Crapcom have said it’s legit.

                          Twitter.com/scatigno1
                          Youtube.com/scatigno9



                          #51074
                          Scatigno
                          Hall of Fame

                            Just paid for my pre-orders for both Fifa 12 and Team Ico Collection. Also bought a few PSN cards ready for the Resi HD releases. Broke as fuck now lol. Gonna have to go to GAME and see how much I can get on trade-in for that Bioshock 2 Limited Edition that is still in it’s plastic and probably get rid of Black Ops too.

                            Twitter.com/scatigno1
                            Youtube.com/scatigno9



                            #51079
                            Chauncy Talon
                            Hall of Fame
                              Scatigno wrote:
                              Just paid for my pre-orders for both Fifa 12 and Team Ico Collection. Also bought a few PSN cards ready for the Resi HD releases. Broke as fuck now lol. Gonna have to go to GAME and see how much I can get on trade-in for that Bioshock 2 Limited Edition that is still in it’s plastic and probably get rid of Black Ops too.

                              You ain’t getting shit for that Bioshock 2. The reason why is that they only look at it as being a used copy of the Bioshock 2 and not the Limited Edition.

                              I do not want Trophies, Money or not even a title saying I am number "1". You can have your cheap trophies, paper titles, and dingy headbands. I am a "STORY" to my peers, a "LEGEND" for your kids to hear, and a "FOLKLORE" to keep you from dieing with fear - [b]Calvin D. Kates aka Chauncy "TRU" Talon. [/b]
                              #51080
                              Chauncy Talon
                              Hall of Fame

                                I need to find my camera. I just bought a ton of shit and need to post photos.

                                I do not want Trophies, Money or not even a title saying I am number "1". You can have your cheap trophies, paper titles, and dingy headbands. I am a "STORY" to my peers, a "LEGEND" for your kids to hear, and a "FOLKLORE" to keep you from dieing with fear - [b]Calvin D. Kates aka Chauncy "TRU" Talon. [/b]
                                #51081
                                Scatigno
                                Hall of Fame
                                  Chauncy Talon wrote:
                                  You ain’t getting shit for that Bioshock 2. The reason why is that they only look at it as being a used copy of the Bioshock 2 and not the Limited Edition.

                                  I know. That’s why I’m reluctant.

                                  Twitter.com/scatigno1
                                  Youtube.com/scatigno9



                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,546 through 1,560 (of 1,639 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.