PSN Outage 2011

107 posts 7 voices started by brooklyn

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #49998
    Scatigno
    Hall of Fame

      Meh, doesn’t surprise me, the huge amount of traffic is definitely going to strain those servers over the next couple of days.

      Twitter.com/scatigno1
      Youtube.com/scatigno9



      #50018
      brooklyn
      Admin
      Legend

        Just like I said… bullshit “Welcome Back Package.”

        I literally already have all these games… 🙁

        Quote:
        You get two PS3 games from the following list:

        * LittleBigPlanet
        * Infamous*
        * Wipeout HD/Fury
        * Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
        * Dead Nation*

        For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:

        * LittleBigPlanet PSP
        * ModNation PSP
        * Pursuit Force
        * Killzone Liberation*

        – 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PS Plus subscribers*

        – Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will be given 60 days free subscription.

        #50019
        Scatigno
        Hall of Fame

          Lmao!!! I got all those PS3 games, I wouldn’t mind the modnation racers and killzone on PSP, I’ll never play them but at least I don’t already own them. Typical bullshit we all seen coming.

          Twitter.com/scatigno1
          Youtube.com/scatigno9



          #50020
          Szuter
          Hall of Fame

            Wipeout it is.

            War.
            War never changes.



            #50021
            Szuter
            Hall of Fame

              Wait the list you posted is Europe only I think.
              I think NA one will be very similar but there is hope we might get something different .

              War.
              War never changes.



              #50022
              IllMattIc
              Legend

                Super Stardust HD was the only difference I saw.

                #50023
                brooklyn
                Admin
                Legend
                  Jim Lahey wrote:
                  Wipeout it is.

                  :^:

                  #50024
                  Szuter
                  Hall of Fame
                    brooklyniteOne wrote:
                    :^:

                    It wins by default.

                    War.
                    War never changes.



                    #50025
                    Chauncy Talon
                    Hall of Fame

                      I have all but Dead Nation, Ratchet and Clank and Pursuit Force. BOOOOOOOOOOO

                      I do not want Trophies, Money or not even a title saying I am number "1". You can have your cheap trophies, paper titles, and dingy headbands. I am a "STORY" to my peers, a "LEGEND" for your kids to hear, and a "FOLKLORE" to keep you from dieing with fear - [b]Calvin D. Kates aka Chauncy "TRU" Talon. [/b]
                      #50026
                      Szuter
                      Hall of Fame

                        Two PlayStation 3 games from the following list:
                        LittleBigPlanet
                        Infamous (North America/Non-German Countries)
                        Wipeout HD + Fury Expansion
                        Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty (Europe only)
                        Dead Nation (North America/Non-German Countries)
                        Super Stardust HD (North America/Germany)

                        War.
                        War never changes.



                        #50030
                        Scatigno
                        Hall of Fame

                          So Sony have responded to the negative reaction to the free games they have put up as a make good gesture, claiming they are sorry but they can’t please everyone and this is the only thing they are going to offer. What makes me laugh is this statement right here…

                          Quote:
                          “We’ve tried really hard to put together a list of high quality BD games, rather than simply offering cheaper PSN titles, The average metacritic rating for these games is over 84 per cent, so these are high quality games.”

                          This makes me laugh and pisses me off at the same time. They put no effort to put these games out there because each of these games were already available in digital form anyway. Wasn’t LittleBigPlanet a free incentive for those who joined PS Plus when it first came out? inFamous is on there too, the others are already downloadable titles, with that Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty game not even having trophy support.

                          I wasn’t expecting much from this shit anyway, but it’s just so annoying that the people who already own all these games are left out. Shit is like being punished for already spending money on these titles when they first came out. They should have gave us all credit to buy the stuff we want, it’s not like once that money is in the PSN account we can use it out in the real world, so Sony would have made the money back anyway, but at least we get the games we want.

                          Like I said in my previous post, the only games I can take advantage of are the Modnation Racers and Killzone games on PSP, and I never play that shit anyway, so it’s a waste of time.

                          Twitter.com/scatigno1
                          Youtube.com/scatigno9



                          #50033
                          Chauncy Talon
                          Hall of Fame

                            That is why I said, “Let the store be 1/2 off for 30 days.” I’ll take that even if I can’t buy a game then being offered something I already own.

                            I do not want Trophies, Money or not even a title saying I am number "1". You can have your cheap trophies, paper titles, and dingy headbands. I am a "STORY" to my peers, a "LEGEND" for your kids to hear, and a "FOLKLORE" to keep you from dieing with fear - [b]Calvin D. Kates aka Chauncy "TRU" Talon. [/b]
                            #50040
                            Szuter
                            Hall of Fame

                              The games are great the problem is the game are about 2 years or more expect for Dead Nation. Most people that wanted too played the games already

                              War.
                              War never changes.



                              #50163
                              Scatigno
                              Hall of Fame

                                The store is back up, just bought a ton of shit, including OUTLAND!!!! FINALLY BITCHES!!!!! 😄

                                Twitter.com/scatigno1
                                Youtube.com/scatigno9



                                #50166
                                Szuter
                                Hall of Fame
                                  Quote:
                                  Users who log in to the PlayStation Network this morning were happy to know that their PlayStation “Welcome Back” benefits have been activated, just a short period after the return of the PlayStation Store. Given the high traffic of the Store at the moment however, patience is required, or you may lose your benefits due to simple computing error.

                                  As a first hand loss occurred on my part, understanding that patience is key during this process may be the only way to fully redeem your benefits. If you’re like myself, you’ve likely clicked, re-clicked, and aggressively refreshed your websites if they aren’t responding due to server lag. Doing so on the PlayStation Network during this interesting download process will result in the loss of your redemption entirely.

                                  Redeeming your two free titles for each platform on the PlayStation Network requires that you first redeem either Free Pass 1 or Free Pass 2 for the respective platform. After redeeming the pass, you are routed back to your titles list with which you can select what title you were interested in. Clicking on any of these redeem buttons during a very high traffic time (mostly today and tomorrow, presumably) will result in an error code. This is fine, but requires you attempt to download your title again. If you receive no error and click the redemption button again for either of your free passes however, you will not be routed to the download page, and this download will then disappear forever.

                                  The five titles available for download in the Free Pass 1 category are in an entirely separate download category from the Free Pass 2 area, which are further separated from the original downloads for these titles. This also means that you could, in theory, pick up the same title twice for free – wasting away a redemption.

                                  So what do we do when this goes on? Sony Responds:

                                  “Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?
                                  A:
                                  1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
                                  2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
                                  3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
                                  4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content””

                                  Be sure to be careful on your way through the Welcome Back Program this weekend, as the traffic is high, and if you’re interested in benefiting in the best way you can for the month-long wait for your free online services, you’ll want to be chill on the X button when you hit the network.

                                  This happened to me today, glad there is a fix.

                                  War.
                                  War never changes.



                                Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 107 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.