Reply To: So I’m Thinking Of Buying A DS, But Should I Wait For The DSi?

#35149
Red Fangs
Veteran

    the DSi is gonna be even more like a casual gamer handheld than the Lite.

    my girlfriend recently got me a DS lite, and I havent used it yet but i have pokemon platinum and suikoden: tierkreis on preorder and cant wait to play them.

    the stylus thing is kinda a turn off…

    I think the cameras on the new DSi are kinda cool to play around with, but after you get bored with them (since this thing isnt meant to be a camera, those little lenses on it are crap) its practically the same as the DS Lite but with a cleaner look…

    So, it all depends, if you dont mind paying the extra money, the DSi has a couple extra additions, but you do lose the GBA slot (which I will probably be using a lot when I start building my GBA collection up again).

    The Lite essentially is two handhelds combined (GBA and DS)…Who needs the cameras when everyone probably already has cameras?

    Basically, in my opinion, I don’t see how it’s a wise choice to lose the GBA slot for some crappy cameras.