Reply To: Call Of Duty: World At War -VS- Gears Of War 2

#34658
Red Fangs
Veteran
    SpaceBarZ wrote:
    NOBODY I repeat NOBODY is playing Gears of War 2 anymore. It has no replay value beyond horde mode which gets lame as hell after you try it twice. If replay value matters to you don’t buy it. And yes, COD does have a story…as a matter of fact its hi-story. The game is based on actual historical events which I think makes it even more of an accomplishment in gaming. They re-created actual events from the lesser known (yet equally important) battles fought during WWII. Also, the multiplayer is HOT, once you get over the NOOB learning curve. Lets keep it real…who the hell is still playing Gears???

    Nice try, but here I go now,

    I’ve been playing Gears of War 2 just about every night since I beat the campaign months ago. And it hasn’t gotten boring. Also, I’ve been getting matches almost instantly now with the patch updates. So, I’d say the replay value is really high. Also it has stat sheets for online multiplayer. And it’s still more squad based than CoD.

    …and by the way, Gears had a better story (even though I didn’t like it). World at War had RANDOM events. and I beat the whole campaign in a matter of hours (in one sitting, in one night). The campaign was an absolute mess of random sequences that didn’t deliver any thrills, it was a friggin snore fest, but w.e, some people have different taste I guess, I prefer holding down a location, shooting from cover, ducking behind shit and working with my team. not a bunch of nazi’s running around in random directions with a crappy presentation so you have no idea what is going on. seriously, world at war is a mess of a game.