Reply To: It’s mandatory, see those trophies they hand towards me

#31971
Red Fangs
Veteran

    But then you are just playing a game to get the achievements, not to play the game that they made. You don’t feel that takes away from the game?

    I’m not trying to insult anyone with this, I think the system is okay, but it is abused by some gamers and overdone (I’ve seen people with 300,000+ gamerscores and shit). Gaming has changed soooo much, and I’m not sure I like the new generation and the way it’s headed…I feel like I’m growing away from gaming because of this achievement stuff.

    I’m not saying I’m anything special for not going after achivements. Because I’ll be honest, I go out of my way some times to unlock achievements too…and I honestly don’t know why I do that…It’s like this shit gets addicting.

    But I also find myself clicking the middle guide button on my controller every time an achievement unlocks, and I find it taking my attention away from the game world.

    Idk just my opinion on the whole achievements/trophies being mandatory on games…Why can’t companies make games without them? Doesn’t make sense to me.