11/28/2008 at 4:28 am
#31958
brooklyniteOne wrote:
There is a clear difference. But hey whatever makes you feel good about your purchase. Like I said I have both systems and I have this game for both and the online component for the 360 is better. Who cares whether it’s peer to peer or dedicated servers all we want is good lag free online gameplay and the 360 clearly wins. If the dedicated serrvers are what we are paying for with live then its totally worth it with live. There’s nothing worse than having a good match And getting disconnected and it’s way too frequent on psn. tested this for two days Tuesday and Wednesday. You get more matches and they are smoother on the 360 so I plan to be more on the 360 version.
I think you completely missed my point. There aren’t dedicated servers on LIVE. It’s p2p for both games. LIVE has nothing to do with the quality of the matches. MS didn’t make the game. It was Capcom. They did the netcode. It works the same for both games. I’m sorry you’re getting a crappy experience on the PS3 version, but I am telling you that it comes down to who you are playing with. If you get matched with someone who doesn’t have a good connection it’s going to be bad.
So, if I go by what you’re saying, the PS3 version is plagued by dropouts and lag. Which IS NOT the case for me. You can’t take your own experience and generalize like that.