11/28/2008 at 1:18 am
#31955
brooklyniteOne wrote:
too many connection dropouts on psn, much more lag in general… Much more lag. the actual menus even run smoother on the 360 version. It’s sad really. This game is a perfect example of why xbox live is worth the money and you get what you pay for with psn. Your fooling yourself to believe otherwise. It took 12 minutes to get the game on live and about 30 on psn. Also there’s more people on live so there’s noticibly more matches.
I did notice the slight slowdown in the menus for multiplayer stuff, but lag has nothing to do with the services. These games don’t run on dedicated servers. It has to do with the players’ connections. I’ve had matches that were completely lag free. Even my worst matches were better than any other fighting game online. I haven’t had any dropouts and I have absolutely no problems getting a match.
As far as downloading it goes, it took me about 10 minutes to get it. You have to remember that MS updates the marketplace at midnight, Sony updates at 7 pm EST.
So from what you said and what I’ve experienced, there isn’t a difference in quality.