Reply To: The Official ‘Dark Souls’ Thread

#51190
Scatigno
Hall of Fame

    Sooooooooo who’s picking this up? I’ve got my pre-order paid off, and this thread really needs to be utilised in order to help each other out with the game, for those who are buying it of course.

    All the previews I have read over the past few days have been very positive, and it seems that the developers have really took everything that made Demon’s Souls great and cranked it up a notch.

    So this time, the game is open-world, unlike Demon’s Souls where each area had a different level. The color palette has been improved drastically to actually include, well color this time around.

    What I’m really intrigued about is the introduction of the bonfires as your “Safe Haven”. They have gotten rid of the nexus, but whats makes it interesting is that although they will heal you, it resets the world, so all the enemies you have beaten up until that point will respawn, so the bonfires definitely have to used wisely.

    Another interesting thing is that not all enemies drop Souls this time around, so farming all the easier enemies at the beginning of the game is a thing of the past and in order to increase your Soul level you will have no choice but to explore the world and take on whatever enemies you can find.

    So ye. I’m looking forward to it. I tried playing some Demon’s Souls the other day but I’m stuck at one of the bosses and just can’t do it 🙁

    Twitter.com/scatigno1
    Youtube.com/scatigno9