Reply To: PSN Outage 2011

#49688
Scatigno
Hall of Fame

    I’m just looking on the bright side of things. Honestly I think Sony are trying their best to sort shit out. I mean the PSN got hacked and Sony had to shut it off so they can rebuild the infrastructure to make the network a more safer place for us to be, and if that takes days or even a few weeks then so be it, I would rather be safe than sorry.

    Hearing people spout off on Youtube talking about the PS3 being a shitty system and people saying they are going to sell their system because they cannot get online is absolute bullshit to me and really rather childish. The network is going to be back up soon enough and people that sell their system because they cannot get online for the time being are just straight up drama queens and will regret that decision the moment the switch is flicked and then they will just buy that shit again.

    Like I said, i’m looking on the bright side, because with the PSN down i’ve been able to practice using the fight stick with Mortal Kombat on the 360 so it’s not really affected me.
    Ok I do feel for the people who only own a PS3 and can’t get online and access those services but again just look on the bright side and see it as an opportunity to work on your backlog of games. There is an abundance of great single player games available on the PS3 that people can be playing whilst waiting for things to get up and running again. Games like:

    Uncharted
    God of War
    Heavy Rain
    Red Dead Redemption and
    Just Cause 2

    are serious time consumers so it’s not like people won’t have anything to play.

    My only concern is that I do not yet know if my bank card details are safe and I’m waiting on Sony to release a statement on that matter.

    I think they will offer some sort of goodwill gesture but I don’t think it’s going to be anything extravagent, probably just a pre-selected PSOne classic or something, but we will see. I’m happy with giving sometime to my 360 though because it’s been gathering dust so now I have a reason to play it.

    Twitter.com/scatigno1
    Youtube.com/scatigno9