Reply To: Gears of War

#16802
Lungzz
Contender

    I wouldnt go as far as saying Gears is the best game on XBOX, but it IS the best online game on XBOX no doubt. Halo 3 will smash this game only because its name is just that, Halo 3. Everyone knows if Halo was never made, and Halo 2 came out named Halo, it would not have a gigantic cult following. But Halo was an epic game for Microsoft and set the standards. The Halo 2 game out and was fun. THEN Gears first appearance murdered Halo/Halo 2’s combined, which all in all makes it better then the Halo series to me. Halo 3’s best bet is to steal as much smart ideas as it can from Gears and totally upgrade them. Besides, Halo is doomed no matter what, from what I understand Gears is a trilogy, and I know for 100% certainty that it will have a second game. The second game will obviously come out some time after Halo 3, and guess what, it will blow the pants off Halo 3. Because I bet Halo 3 will look beautiful, but be too quick and have the same ups and downs its predecessor had. Whereas GOW can only get better and in the end set its self up to be the amp’d Halo no matter what.

    Wii..Will..Wii..Will..Rock You!